Your Personal Information
Personal information held by us may include your name, work address, telephone or mobile phone number, email address and occupation. We also hold details of your purchase and quote history, heating requirements and certain details about your personal interests.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (eg. About your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
Directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our website (eg quote request forms)
From third parties such as your representatives, or companies you deal with who refer us to you.
From publicly available sources of information (eg directories)
From our own records of your purchase history
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
Verify your identity
- Assist you to purchase our products
- Provide quotations and/or technical assistance
- Administer and manage other services, including charging, billing, collecting debts and warranty processing
- Research and develop our products
- Gain an understanding of your heating needs in order for us to provide you with a better product
Your personal information is also collected so that we can promote and market our products and services to you (including by way of direct mail and email). This is to keep you informed of news, products and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring heating solutions from us. If you do not wish us to contact you to promote and market news, products and special offers to you, please contact us.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of TEE. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- Mailing operations
- Information technology services
- Marketing and email marketing services
- Database management
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (eg when requested by you to do so)
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- Credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing)
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1800 025 287 between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org
TEE Privacy Statement February 2014
Thermal Electric Elements ABN 59 001 255 492